Kamyar Mehdiyoun | کامیار مهدیون
Tax attorney, Kamyar Mehdiyoun, holds a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in taxation from Georgetown University Law Center.
In 2003, he received the Award for Excellence in Tax Practice and Procedure from Georgetown. He also holds a Certificate in Employee Benefits Law from Georgetown.
He graduated from Boston College Law School with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree in 2000. Before entering law school, he was a doctoral candidate at Columbia University where he earned a Master of Arts degree and a Master of Philosophy degree both in political science.
Prior to starting his solo practice, he worked at several large law firms in New York, Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Boston where he primarily focused on tax and corporate law.
Mr. Mehdiyoun has authored numerous articles in leading legal journals on tax and employee benefits law.
Areas of Practice:
- Income Tax Sales and Use Tax
- Employment Tax
- Civil and Criminal Tax
- State and IRS Tax Disputes
- State and IRS Tax Audits
- State and IRS Liens, Levies and Seizures
- Wage Garnishments
- Failure to File and Failure to Pay Penalties
- Tax Delinquency and Tax Fraud Penalties Offers in Compromise Installment Plan
- Agreements Trust
- Fund Recovery Penalties
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Real Property Tax Issues
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. (Taxation), 2003
- Georgetown University Law Center, Certificate in Employee Benefits Law, 2003
- Columbia University, Certificate, Harriman Institute, 2001
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2000
- Columbia University, M.Phil., 1995; M.A., 1992
- City University of New York, B.A., magna cum laude, 1990
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar (Member: Section of Taxation)
- Maryland State Bar Association
Court and Bar Admissions
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York
- Washington, D.C.