Ali Herischi is the principal at the law firm of Herischi & Associates. He practices in areas of export control, Iran’s sanctions, immigration, general business and corporate, intellectual property, technology transfer and licensing, nonprofit organization, and appellate advocacy.
Additionally, he represents clients in business negotiation and mediation settings. Mr. Herischi is a licensed mediator and conducts mediation sessions for business, family and individual conflicts. Mr. Herischi is a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Law.
While at Maryland Law, he was president of the International Law Society for two years, vice president of the Alternative Dispute Resolutions Group, and competed in ABA regional negotiation competition. In addition, he achieved the University of Maryland’s Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Diversity Award for his effort in establishing a program to help rebuild the Golf Coast legal system after hurricanes Rita and Katrina.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Herischi worked as a project engineer at Hughes Network Systems, the global leader in the satellite industry. He was responsible for design and implementation for several enterprise clients including Walmart and Murphy Oil.
Mr. Herischi received a Master of Science degree in Information Systems and Technology from the Johns Hopkins University School of Engineering.
Mr. Herischi is the general manager of the Seven Magazine and has been appeared on CNN, FOX45, DW Radio, and NPR, VOA, BBC and other major media.
Areas of Practice
- Export Control and OFAC compliance
- Nonprofit organizations
- Small business and corporate law
- International business operations
- Immigration law and compliance
- Investment visas EB-5 and E-2
- Employment based visa
- Asylum and Refugee
- International business transaction
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland (Juris Doctor)
- Information Systems and Technology, Johns Hopkins University (Master of Science)
- Electrical Engineering, Tehran Azad University (Bachelor of Science)